Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pimps & Hoes....

Ok....I figure the shock factor is at least work a read, right?  Maybe she is going to talk about her colleagues? Maybe she is going to talk about her hotel? Maybe she is trying to shock her mother?! She really doesnt like the way they dress there, does she?!!?

Well - this is all incorrect... She is going to talk about work! Um..yes...that is correct. Com licesenza.

So...I am in Brazil for work (as I know you know).  And was chosen as a part of a Leadership program (as was my sister @jenniferalarson) and we are going to different parts of the world to work with non-for-profits... To this end, I thought I was coming to Brazil to work with an NGO/NPO that supports Entrepreneurs.. But instead, I am supporting a tangential initiative.. an urban revitalization project, in the neighborhood where the NGO is located.

This is a neighborhood with a ton of culture and history that has fallen on hard times... To net it out..we have a big problem to solve. We are still not quite sure what our City plan is going to look like, but this task makes my day job look like a piece of cake. (gluten free cake, certainly!). There are some amazing buildings and people who live in this neighborhood -but this task is way bigger than the month we have to dedicate to it. It has been very eye opening and a great way to bond with my teammates (who are lovely, BTW). 

SO - stay tuned for updates on this...and what we come up with...  

But before I close... a few quick things... 

1. This has been an awesome experience thus far  
2. I am working harder and longer hours than normal  
3. I am thrilled to hear from all of you!!!  
4. I had my first Portuguese class tonight (thanks to my colleague Annette for arranging!!!!) and it was so fun. I have gotten to speak a lot of German since being here -and my Portuguese is still awful - but I am learning (and thats half the battle!?!)  
5. I am running every morning with about half of the guys, which has been a fun experience.  
6. My next post will be about how I am going to style Brazil fabulous... or the capybaras... I havent decided yet.  #ireallywanttoseeone!!!

Email me, skype me, miss me, miss you! Boa noite! 
Sar xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment